VET FEE-HELP Information
What is VET FEE-HELP?
VET FEE-HELP is a government loan scheme which assists eligible students undertaking certain courses to pay for all or part of their tuition fees. The loan allows students to study now and pay later by deferring loan repayments until your income is above the minimum repayment threshold. Once you reach the repayment threshold repayments are made to the Australian Government through the tax system.
AICD's VET FEE-HELP Approved Courses:
AICD (Australian Institute of Fashion Design Pty Ltd trading as Australian Institute of Creative Design) is excited to annouce that the following courses are approved for VET FEE-HELP loans!
The following AICD courses are VET FEE-HELP Approved:
- Advanced Diploma of Applied Fashion Design and Technology
- Advanced Diploma of Interior Design
- Diploma of Beauty Therapy
- Diploma of Photo Imaging
- Advanced Diploma of Fashion and Textiles Merchandising
- Diploma of Specialist Make-Up Services
- Diploma of Styling (Fashion, Image and Media)
Eligibility for VET FEE-HELP
To be eligible for VET FEE-HELP you must:
- be an Australian citizen or permanent humanitarian visa holder who will be a resident in Australia for the duration of your study,
- meet the tax file number requirements, and
- have not exceeded the FEE-HELP limit;
To obtain VET FEE-HELP you must be enrolled in an eligible unit of study on or before the census date (having submitted your Request for VET FEE-HELP Assistance Form).
If you meet the critera above then you can obtain a VET FEE-HELP loan, you do not need to apply for approval for VET FEE-HELP.
- There is no age restriction on VET FEE-HELP
- Approval for VET FEE-HELP is not income dependent
- Previous study does not affect your ability to obtain VET FEE-HELP
- New Zealand Citizens are not eligible for VET FEE-HELP
Quick Points to Note:
- You may choose to pay some of the tuition fees upfront and request a VET FEE-HELP loan for the remainder of the tuition fees or request a VET FEE-HELP loan for the full tuition fees.
- Students may borrow up to the FEE-HELP limit, which in 2012 was $89,706 for most courses.
- A 20% loan fee applies to VET FEE-HELP loans (this is included in your debt), although this fee does not affect your FEE-HELP loan limit.
- You can make voluntary repayments to reduce your HELP debt at any time and for any amount. Making voluntary payments will reduce your debt immediately and can attract a bonus. If you make a voluntary repayment of $500 or more, you will receive a bonus of 5% of the payment you make.
- No interest is charged to your VET FEE-HELP debt, however, your debt is indexed annually by movements in the Consumer Price Index (CPI) to maintain it's current value.
- You will require a Tax File Number (TFN) to apply for VET FEE-HELP - if you do not have a Tax File Number you can request one from the Australian Taxation Office.
- Repayments are made through the tax system once you reach the income threshold for compulsory repayment. The repayment thresholds are adjusted each year and for the 2013-2014 income year the compulsory repayment threshold is $51,309.
Policies Relating to VET FEE-HELP
- Refund Policy for the purposes of the VET FEE-HELP Assistance Scheme
- Fair Treatment and Equal Benefits and Opportunity Policy and Procedure
- Student Review Procedures for Re-Crediting a Fee Balance
- Statement of VET Tutition Assurance
- Academic & Non-Academic Grievance Policy and Procedures
Schedule of VET Tuition Fees for Approved Courses
Below you will find the Tuition Fee Schedules for our VET FEE-HELP approved courses, detailing the dates and prices of study modules within each of the courses.
Diploma of Styling (Fashion, Image and Media) (Full Time):
Diploma of Styling (Fashion, Image and Media) (Part Time):
Advanced Diploma of Applied Fashion Design and Technology:
Advanced Diploma of Interior Design:
Advanced Diploma of Fashion and Textiles Merchandising:
Diploma of Beauty Therapy (Full Time):
Diploma of Beauty Therapy (Part Time)
Diploma of Photo Imaging:
Diploma of Specialist Make-Up Services:
More Information about VET FEE-HELP
For more information about VET FEE-HELP visit http://www.studyassist.gov.au/
- Diploma of Beauty Therapy Part Time26th Apr 14
- Fashion Illustration26th Apr 14
- Fast Track Fashion Design26th Apr 14
- Certificate II in Retail Make-Up and Skin Care26th Apr 14
- Acrylic & Gel Nails2nd May 14
- Diploma of Styling (Fashion, Image & Media) Part Time2nd May 14
- Certificate II in Retail Make-Up and Skin Care2nd May 14
- Certificate III in Interior Decoration2nd May 14
- Waxing & Tinting2nd May 14
- Diploma of Beauty Therapy Part Time3rd May 14
- Hair for You3rd May 14
- Spa Treatments3rd May 14
- Eyelash Extensions4th May 14
- Fashion Journalism4th May 14
- Diploma of Specialist Make-Up Services5th May 14
- Beginner Sewing Lessons7th May 14
- Certificate II in Retail Make-Up and Skin Care17th May 14
- Beginner Sewing Lessons20th May 14
- Fashion Retailing, Marketing & Merchandising23rd May 14
- Hot Stone Massage31st May 14
- Certificate II in Retail Make-Up and Skin Care14th Jun 14
- Advanced Diploma of Applied Fashion Design & Technology21st Jul 14
- Facial Course25th Jul 14
- Advanced Diploma of Interior Design28th Jul 14
- Certificate II in Nail Technology1st Aug 14
- Manicure & Pedicure1st Aug 14
- Aromatherapy9th Aug 14
- Certificate II in Retail Make-Up and Skin Care23rd Aug 14
- Diploma of Beauty Therapy Part Time23rd Aug 14
- Indian Head Massage11th Oct 14
- Advanced Facials17th Oct 14
- Body Electrics25th Oct 14
- Diploma of Beauty Therapy23rd Feb 15
- Advanced Diploma of Fashion & Textiles Merchandising2nd Mar 15
- Diploma of Specialist Make-Up Services9th Mar 15
- Advanced Diploma of Interior Design9th Mar 15
- 14/11/13 AICD Photography students exhibition on next weekend...
- 14/10/13 Congratulations to Amelia Vivash - Winner of the 2013 Calico Brides, Felicia Austin - Runner Up and Anessa Catalano - Highly Commended!...
- 16/09/13 RAW Talent, check out AICD fashion graduates showcasing their ranges at the RAW Artists Showcase...
- 01/08/13 Fashion Friday Parade at Komune Resort featuring AICD's talented fashion design students - 7pm 2nd Aug 13 Komune Resort...
- 19/07/13 AICD Fashion Students to showcase their designs in the Brisbane Mall on 26th July 6pm...
- 19/04/13 Congratulations to Jane Rogers, winner a double movie pass for completing our styling graduate survey...
- 26/02/13 AICD is expanding! AICD Brisbane is moving into a new larger campus over the next few weeks! AICD Gold Coast's Acacia campus is also expanding too!....
- 21/12/12 AICD is now closed for the Christmas holiday break and will reopen on Wednesday the 3rd of Jan....
- 21/12/12 AICD Christmas Newsletter!
- 20/11/12 VET FEE-HELP Loans now available for Diploma of Beauty Therapy, Diploma of Photo Imaging, Diploma of Specialist Make-Up Services, Advanced Diploma of Fashion and Textiles Merchandising and more...
- 19/10/12 Congratuations to our students Kerry-Ann Andersson - winner of the 2012 Calico Brides Competition, Jaymi Spina - Highly Commended Award Winner and our 5 finalists!...
- 24/08/12 You are invited to the 'Head in the Clouds' parade event Wed 24th October...
- 08/08/12 New 'Try a Career Workshops' announced...
- 27/07/12 New visual arts and design courses for 2013!...
- 03/06/12 Congratulations to our fashion student Kerry-Ann Andersson, winner of the 'Fashion on James' design competition...
- 14/05/12 Congratulations to our styling student Candice Naughtin, winner of 'The Stylist's Apprentice' competition by Westfield Garden City...
- 23/12/11 AICD is now VET FEE-HELP Approved! This means that you can now access VET FEE-HELP assistance for studying in our Advanced Diploma of Applied Fashion Design and Technology and Advanced Diploma of Interior Design courses!...
- 22/12/11 Merry Christmas! The AICD office is now closed for Christmas and will reopen on the 2nd of January...
- 14/10/11 New Eyelash Extension Course!
- 12/10/11 Come along to the Hello Fashion presents AICD styling graduates parade on the 4th of Nov...
- 11/10/11 Congratulations to Liezl Boshoff winner of the Highly Commended Award at the 2011 Calico Brides Competition...
- 17/08/11 Enter our Photography competition to celebrate the announcement of new photography courses!...
- 17/08/11 AICD announces 2012 January Summer School courses...
- 12/07/11 Congratulations to Sara Hultman for winning the Avenue Designer Competition final on Sunday the 3rd of July...
- 15/06/11 Evolved Designs: AICD Advanced Diploma of Fashion Design students present their collections at Sanctuary Cove...
- 11/06/11 Winter Chills and Fashion Thrills parade a success...
- 11/05/11 AICD releases new Certificate IV in Beauty Therapy part-time course...
- 09/05/11 AICD Styling students present: 'For the Love of Fashion: Winter Chills and Fashion Thrills' parade at Light Space...
- 09/05/11 Support 6 local up and coming designers showcasing their latests collections in the Evolve Fashion Showcase at Sanctuary Cove...
- 21/03/11 Over the past week we have had some problems with our Website and Emails. If you have not received a response to an email or online course enrolment from the past week, please get in touch with us as we may not have recieved your message...
- 17/12/10 Shoe Design, Make-Up and Beginner Sewing Holiday Courses starting on Monday the 10th of January! Last minute positions available - enrol now!
- 17/12/10 The AICD team wishes everyone a very Happy New Year! We have now re-opened our office, call to book an appointment to find out about our courses for 2011!
- New Holiday Courses Scheduled to run in January!
- Congratulations to Katie Styles for winning the Billabong 'Design a Bikini' Bikini Showdown Competition!
- Come to see the Unborn Treasures Show at the Sanctuary Cove Theatre on December 14th...
- Congratulations to Masa Gracanic for winning the Halloween Costume Design Competition held by the Temple Bar!
- Congratulations to Jane Andrewartha for winning the 'Runner Up' prize in the Qld Brides Design Awards 'Calico Brides' Competition!
- Come along to the 'Students Present Fashion Friday' parade on Friday 24th Sept at Temple
- Photos from the Metamorphosis Parade!
- Come along to the 'Metamorphosis...' parade Wed 18th Aug from 6pm at Lauxes'
- Congratulations to Julian Napier for winning the 'Electic Playground Club Couture' Fashion Competition!
- Photos from some recent photoshoots!
- Congratulations to Masa for winning the 'Little Green Dress' Design Award!
- Congratulations to Sam, Hazel, Sally & Stevie for their awards in the 'Style Off' competition...
- AICD is opening in Brisbane in 2010! More information coming soon!
- AIBT is now ITEC approved, giving our beauty students the opportunity to achieve international qualifications in Beauty. More information coming soon.
- Varsity Lakes Train Station is now open!
- March 2010 Intake of Certificate III in Styling course booked out. Next course starting in April 2010 - limited positions.
- Congratulations to Kylie Landsborough for her win at the Qld Bridal Design Awards last night! Also congratulations to Aubrey Wright winning the 'Highly Commended' award, Han Ho and Stephanie Mowat for winning 'Commendation' awards!...
- New dates set for January 2010 Summer School Courses
- We are now offering Interior Design Qualifications! Check back soon for more information!
- Photos from 'SIX' fashion parade held at 19Karen on the 28th of August...
- Receive a double pass to the September Issue when you enrol in the Diploma of Fashion Design / Business or Styling...
- Student's graduation parade to be held at 19Karen Contemporary Artspace on the 28th of August...
- Photos from the parade at Elsewhere on the 21st of June...
- Our street address is changing on the 1st of July due to the Council's road name change...
- Student's Fashion Parade to be held at Elsewhere on the 21st of June...
- Congratulations to Renee Enoka for winning the 'Designing A Fashion Career' competition...
- Congratulations to our styling student Sarah Rugg for winning the 'Style Off' competition...
- Congratulations to our students Renee and Olivia who have become finalists in the 'Designing a Fashion Career competition...