Digital Fabric Design
Learn how to design your own fabric and surface designs.
- Next Start Date To Be Advised. Click Here to Register Your Interest in the Next Course
Become a fabric designer/textile designer and/or surface designer by learning the skills to create exciting digital pattern designs ready for printing on fabrics. Take your hand drawn designs, explore your creative passion and learn how to turn your drawings and designs into printed fabrics or other exciting printed products. Build your own range of textile designs which you can sell to other designers or create your own product ranges from your print designs!
The Digital Fabric Design course is designed to build your textile graphic design drawing and illustration skills using the best fabric design software - Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop. Create fabric and surface design prints from scratch in Illustrator and Photoshop, or import your hand drawn artworks and turn these into exciting textile or surface design prints. Prepare your designs for digital fabric printing and learn how you can start selling your design products straight away.
You will also learn how to professionally layout a textile design portfolio, using techniques to enhance the design impact and successfully communicate a design theme or story. Learn how you can start your own
This course is suitable for graduates of our textile design course or students interested in textile and surface design (from high school students to adult learners) through to industry professionals looking to upgrade their skills to enhance their career prospects.
What is surface design?
As a surface designer you can use your print designs to create anything from wallpaper, scarves, cushions, gift cards, wrapping paper, towels, clothing, handbags, shoes, floor rugs, bed linen and much more!
The Course Covers:
- Understanding repeating patterns
- Creating unique motifs
- Developing unique print designs
- Creating pattern repeats in Adobe Illustator and Photoshop
- Creating textile stories
- Developing colour schemes and creating colour ways
- Rendering fabrics
- Textile design portfolio layout and presentation
- Mixed media techniques to create visually stunning fabric designs
- Pattern and textile guidelines for print
- Navigating the workspace in Illustrator and Photoshop
- The difference between Illustrator and Photoshop
- The difference between Vector and Bitmap
- Using shortcuts to streamline work
- Understanding the various tools and how to use them
- Filling your sketch with colour and patterns
- Using layers to work effectively
- Reflecting your sketch
- Joining points
- Learn how to use the pen tool effectively
- Understanding file types and resolution
- Exporting your files for print or web
Course Duration:This course runs 1 day per week over 8 weeks on Saturday's.
- Next Start Date To Be Advised. Click Here to Register Your Interest in the Next Course
$1,500.00. A $200.00 minimum non-refundable deposit is required to enrol and secure a position in the course. The balance of the course fees is due on the course commencement date. (A 5 week direct-debit payment plan with ezypay is available, information will be sent to students with their confirmation of enrolment).
- Diploma of Beauty Therapy Part Time26th Apr 14
- Fashion Illustration26th Apr 14
- Fast Track Fashion Design26th Apr 14
- Certificate II in Retail Make-Up and Skin Care26th Apr 14
- Waxing & Tinting2nd May 14
- Acrylic & Gel Nails2nd May 14
- Diploma of Styling (Fashion, Image & Media) Part Time2nd May 14
- Certificate II in Retail Make-Up and Skin Care2nd May 14
- Certificate III in Interior Decoration2nd May 14
- Diploma of Beauty Therapy Part Time3rd May 14
- Hair for You3rd May 14
- Spa Treatments3rd May 14
- Eyelash Extensions4th May 14
- Fashion Journalism4th May 14
- Diploma of Specialist Make-Up Services5th May 14
- Beginner Sewing Lessons7th May 14
- Certificate II in Retail Make-Up and Skin Care17th May 14
- Spray Tanning17th May 14
- Beginner Sewing Lessons20th May 14
- Fashion Retailing, Marketing & Merchandising23rd May 14
- Hot Stone Massage31st May 14
- Certificate II in Retail Make-Up and Skin Care14th Jun 14
- Advanced Diploma of Applied Fashion Design & Technology21st Jul 14
- Facial Course25th Jul 14
- Advanced Diploma of Interior Design28th Jul 14
- Certificate II in Nail Technology1st Aug 14
- Manicure & Pedicure1st Aug 14
- Aromatherapy9th Aug 14
- Certificate II in Retail Make-Up and Skin Care23rd Aug 14
- Diploma of Beauty Therapy Part Time23rd Aug 14
- Indian Head Massage11th Oct 14
- Advanced Facials17th Oct 14
- Body Electrics25th Oct 14
- Diploma of Beauty Therapy23rd Feb 15
- Advanced Diploma of Fashion & Textiles Merchandising2nd Mar 15
- Advanced Diploma of Interior Design9th Mar 15
- Diploma of Specialist Make-Up Services9th Mar 15
- 14/11/13 AICD Photography students exhibition on next weekend...
- 14/10/13 Congratulations to Amelia Vivash - Winner of the 2013 Calico Brides, Felicia Austin - Runner Up and Anessa Catalano - Highly Commended!...
- 16/09/13 RAW Talent, check out AICD fashion graduates showcasing their ranges at the RAW Artists Showcase...
- 01/08/13 Fashion Friday Parade at Komune Resort featuring AICD's talented fashion design students - 7pm 2nd Aug 13 Komune Resort...
- 19/07/13 AICD Fashion Students to showcase their designs in the Brisbane Mall on 26th July 6pm...
- 19/04/13 Congratulations to Jane Rogers, winner a double movie pass for completing our styling graduate survey...
- 26/02/13 AICD is expanding! AICD Brisbane is moving into a new larger campus over the next few weeks! AICD Gold Coast's Acacia campus is also expanding too!....
- 21/12/12 AICD is now closed for the Christmas holiday break and will reopen on Wednesday the 3rd of Jan....
- 21/12/12 AICD Christmas Newsletter!
- 20/11/12 VET FEE-HELP Loans now available for Diploma of Beauty Therapy, Diploma of Photo Imaging, Diploma of Specialist Make-Up Services, Advanced Diploma of Fashion and Textiles Merchandising and more...
- 19/10/12 Congratuations to our students Kerry-Ann Andersson - winner of the 2012 Calico Brides Competition, Jaymi Spina - Highly Commended Award Winner and our 5 finalists!...
- 24/08/12 You are invited to the 'Head in the Clouds' parade event Wed 24th October...
- 08/08/12 New 'Try a Career Workshops' announced...
- 27/07/12 New visual arts and design courses for 2013!...
- 03/06/12 Congratulations to our fashion student Kerry-Ann Andersson, winner of the 'Fashion on James' design competition...
- 14/05/12 Congratulations to our styling student Candice Naughtin, winner of 'The Stylist's Apprentice' competition by Westfield Garden City...
- 23/12/11 AICD is now VET FEE-HELP Approved! This means that you can now access VET FEE-HELP assistance for studying in our Advanced Diploma of Applied Fashion Design and Technology and Advanced Diploma of Interior Design courses!...
- 22/12/11 Merry Christmas! The AICD office is now closed for Christmas and will reopen on the 2nd of January...
- 14/10/11 New Eyelash Extension Course!
- 12/10/11 Come along to the Hello Fashion presents AICD styling graduates parade on the 4th of Nov...
- 11/10/11 Congratulations to Liezl Boshoff winner of the Highly Commended Award at the 2011 Calico Brides Competition...
- 17/08/11 Enter our Photography competition to celebrate the announcement of new photography courses!...
- 17/08/11 AICD announces 2012 January Summer School courses...
- 12/07/11 Congratulations to Sara Hultman for winning the Avenue Designer Competition final on Sunday the 3rd of July...
- 15/06/11 Evolved Designs: AICD Advanced Diploma of Fashion Design students present their collections at Sanctuary Cove...
- 11/06/11 Winter Chills and Fashion Thrills parade a success...
- 11/05/11 AICD releases new Certificate IV in Beauty Therapy part-time course...
- 09/05/11 AICD Styling students present: 'For the Love of Fashion: Winter Chills and Fashion Thrills' parade at Light Space...
- 09/05/11 Support 6 local up and coming designers showcasing their latests collections in the Evolve Fashion Showcase at Sanctuary Cove...
- 21/03/11 Over the past week we have had some problems with our Website and Emails. If you have not received a response to an email or online course enrolment from the past week, please get in touch with us as we may not have recieved your message...
- 17/12/10 Shoe Design, Make-Up and Beginner Sewing Holiday Courses starting on Monday the 10th of January! Last minute positions available - enrol now!
- 17/12/10 The AICD team wishes everyone a very Happy New Year! We have now re-opened our office, call to book an appointment to find out about our courses for 2011!
- New Holiday Courses Scheduled to run in January!
- Congratulations to Katie Styles for winning the Billabong 'Design a Bikini' Bikini Showdown Competition!
- Come to see the Unborn Treasures Show at the Sanctuary Cove Theatre on December 14th...
- Congratulations to Masa Gracanic for winning the Halloween Costume Design Competition held by the Temple Bar!
- Congratulations to Jane Andrewartha for winning the 'Runner Up' prize in the Qld Brides Design Awards 'Calico Brides' Competition!
- Come along to the 'Students Present Fashion Friday' parade on Friday 24th Sept at Temple
- Photos from the Metamorphosis Parade!
- Come along to the 'Metamorphosis...' parade Wed 18th Aug from 6pm at Lauxes'
- Congratulations to Julian Napier for winning the 'Electic Playground Club Couture' Fashion Competition!
- Photos from some recent photoshoots!
- Congratulations to Masa for winning the 'Little Green Dress' Design Award!
- Congratulations to Sam, Hazel, Sally & Stevie for their awards in the 'Style Off' competition...
- AICD is opening in Brisbane in 2010! More information coming soon!
- AIBT is now ITEC approved, giving our beauty students the opportunity to achieve international qualifications in Beauty. More information coming soon.
- Varsity Lakes Train Station is now open!
- March 2010 Intake of Certificate III in Styling course booked out. Next course starting in April 2010 - limited positions.
- Congratulations to Kylie Landsborough for her win at the Qld Bridal Design Awards last night! Also congratulations to Aubrey Wright winning the 'Highly Commended' award, Han Ho and Stephanie Mowat for winning 'Commendation' awards!...
- New dates set for January 2010 Summer School Courses
- We are now offering Interior Design Qualifications! Check back soon for more information!
- Photos from 'SIX' fashion parade held at 19Karen on the 28th of August...
- Receive a double pass to the September Issue when you enrol in the Diploma of Fashion Design / Business or Styling...
- Student's graduation parade to be held at 19Karen Contemporary Artspace on the 28th of August...
- Photos from the parade at Elsewhere on the 21st of June...
- Our street address is changing on the 1st of July due to the Council's road name change...
- Student's Fashion Parade to be held at Elsewhere on the 21st of June...
- Congratulations to Renee Enoka for winning the 'Designing A Fashion Career' competition...
- Congratulations to our styling student Sarah Rugg for winning the 'Style Off' competition...
- Congratulations to our students Renee and Olivia who have become finalists in the 'Designing a Fashion Career competition...